Treatable disease by acupuncture ,acupressure and moxibustion
World Health Organisation (WHO) has recommended the following disorders to be treated by acupuncture.
- Upper respiratory tract: Acute sinusitis, acute rhinitis, common cold, acute tonsillitis
- Respiratory system: Acute bronchitis, Bronchial asthma(most effective in children and in patients without complicating diseases )
- Disorder of the eye: Acute conjunctivitis, Central retinitis, Myopia (in children), cataract ( without complication)
- Disorders of the mouth: Toothache, post extraction pain, gingivitis, acute and chronic pharyngitis.
- Gastro-intestinal Disorders: Spasms of the oesophagus and cardia, Hiccough, Gatroptosis, Acute and chronic gastritis, Gastric hyperacidity, Chronic duodenal ulcer (pain relief) Acute duodenal ulcer (without complication), Acute and chronic colitis, Acute bacillary dysentery, Constipation, Diarrhoea, Paralytic ileus.
- Neurogical and musculo-skeletal disorders: Headache and migraine, Trigeminal neuralgia, Facial palsy, (early stage,i.e.,within three to six months ), paresis following a stroke, peripheral neuropathies, sequelae of poliomyelitis (early stage i.e. within six months ) , meniere’s diseases, neurogenic bladder dysfunction, Nocturnal enuresis, intercostal neuralgia, cervicobrachial syndrome, Frozen shoulder, Tenis elbow, sciatica, Low- back pain, osteo arthritis.